Top 7 Anime Films of All Time
ANIME! Just like you see the word here, the anime phenomenon has constantly grown, and is still growing, by the years! Since its inception in 1917, the anime genre of animation series and movies have garnered a worldwide audience including kids as well as adults. Incorporating teenage and adult content as it moved to subsequent decades, Japanese animation and Manga have assumed cult status within as well as outside Japan and Asian countries! Without wasting more time singing praises of anime, let’s move on to see what are the 7 top anime of all time in the movie as well as series category!
Top 7 Anime Films of All Time
- Spirited Away: Undoubtedly one of the best anime of all time in the free-standing movie category, Spirited away really does manage to spirit your heart away! The plot revolves around the liminal journey of Chihiro into an alternate world and her quest to return to reality. The essence of the theme is somewhat similar to Lewis Carrol’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Chihiro’s journey and transitions from one world to another mark her gradual “coming of age.”With an enchanting soundtrack and full of interesting twists in the tale, Spirited Away is undoubtedly a deserving contender for the greatest-anime-of-all-time title!
- Princess Mononoke: This historical fantasy film follows the adventures of the last Emishi prince, Ashitaka, as he leaves his village to go to the “mountains of the West” in order to seek a cure for the cursed wound inflicted upon him by a boar demon. His encounter with other characters and wild beasts en route make up the plot for this period drama set in the Muromachi period.
- Akira: Released way back in 1988, this action anime movie kind of completes any list of best anime movies of all time! The plot rests upon nuclear warfare leading to a third World War. The protagonist, Tetsuo, is shown to possess supernatural and destructive mental powers equivalent to Akira, another supernaturally endowed boy after whom the movie is titled. The film follows Tetsuo’s adventures as he follows the trail of the long-missing Akira to find out about him.
- Lupin III: The story of this movie follows the adventures of Lupin the 3rd, coveted as the world’s greatest thief who sends calling cards to the owners of the objects he intends to steal prior to stealing them! One heck of a classy thief, I must say!
- Vampire Hunter D: This is a classic vampire-hunter-vs.-vampire-lord epic based upon Vampire Hunter D novels by Hideyuki Kikuchi. The antagonist, vampire Baron Meier Link, seems very much at par with advanced technology of the 21st century as we can see him transform his cloak and hands into blades, shields and claws and his cape into wings whenever needed! Deservedly one of the top anime movies!
- Ghost in the Shell: This futuristic sci-fi anime movie follows the investigation into the misdoings of the elite hacker, Puppet Master, who is able to hack human minds and implant fake memories therein. The plot is set in 2029 Tokyo and shows us a world where everything is connected by a massive global electronic network.
- Ninja Scroll: A visual treat for action anime fans, the plot of Ninja Scroll is based against the background of a feudal Japan and the storyline follows the protagonist Jubei’s adventures as he fights his way to mete out justice to the antagonists. Classic tale of a samurai hero, coupled with a little sex and lots of violence.
Remember to subscribe and follow this blog if you want to be receiving post notifications as soon as a review is up. Also, you can visit the anime merchandise store found in the links below to find hoodies and T-shirts.
Bye Anime World lovers.